Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hop on the wagon...

1. Notebook for Bible Study: Created some charts to record prayer requests, memory verses, wonderful quotes, and all in a "made from recyclable material notebook"... ROme wasn't built in a day people ;)

2. Poem: What is it about me writing poetry sound so cliche? The whole time I was writing I was criticizing my thoughts, my heart, and my feelings. It was such an eye-opener as to how hard I am on myself... I am the GREAT SUPPRESSOR! HEAR ME ROAR! This is not a poem to be published to the masses. It was for me to unleash the realness that is festering deep inside me. As I was vomiting whatever words I could on to this page, I realized I am quite the angry girl and some of that also translates into sadness, but for the most part...PMS has nothing on me. Who would of thought? Why is this such a frustrating process... where is this anger coming from? This poem allowed me do a real self-assessment that tapped into brokenness that I have been sweeping under the rug. Well my friend, that pile under the rug has turned into the elephant in the room. Let me tell you something about that elephant, its not a cute cartoon one with long eyelashes and butterflies circling its ears...it smells, it takes up a bunch of room, and it s crapping on my floor.

1 comment:

Sara said...

you're an inspiring person to be around, britt. thank you for your honesty, your leadership, and for being such a beautiful woman of god. you're the best friend/sister/mother/mentor i could ever ask for. thanking god for you often. love you, buddy. :)

keep on creating...