Saturday, June 6, 2009

What in the World is Going On?

Everyday we hear about a new tragedy via the news, a friend, a family member...suffering is all over the place plastered on our TV's, the newspapers, and on our loved one's faces.

Many of us are sorting through our lives and realizing our priorities, me included. I'm not the first or last to come to the conclusion that if you have your faith and hope in the things of this world then this time will be frightening and threatening. But if your hope and faith is in Christ, then these challenges can develop things in us we never knew existed.

Recently, I started a nutrition plan and workout regimen... which requires that I cry in the middle of every workout. The first day I started this nearly impossible workout, I almost peed myself...not with excitement...because I was about to lose all bodily function. I mean this thing was rough. I've only been in the fight against this dumb workout for a week, but it's gotten slightly easier. It's still hard, but I'm making it.

Continuing through this workout has developed a physical discipline in me that hasn't existed in a while. It's rewarding to work hard and when I'm done it's just "sweet sweetness". (tribute to "Little Miss Sunshine")

In this time of craziness, and for some of us turmoil, I guess my challenge to us...is to be joyful about this time where we can refine our weaknesses and create in ourselves this strength the world can't possible strip away from us. Nothing in this world can strip me from my Savior, and I say "welcome" to these challeges and pray that we find our hope in Christ. I pray that we band together as a community and help each other fight all the things the world tells us is valuable.

God is love,

Brittany

2 comments:

Chanes said...

you really have a gift for writing.....just thought you should know

Brittany said...

Britt, I'm going to need you to blog more... please.