Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fallin Whistles

Last night I went to a movie called Slumdog Millionaire, which is absolutely amazing, but it is not an easy movie to watch. I was stressed out until the bitter end. The movie was very well done, and it opened my eyes to the harsh realities that exist in the world around us. I was driving home just so thankful that I didnt have to grow up around the intense violence, unsanitary conditions, or having to wonder where my next meal was coming from. There is one particular instance in the movie where this "orphanage" comes to their aid and they pick up these boys, and take them under their wing and feed them, give them a place to stay, and these children had previously been sleeping on these fly infested trash heaps. These kids thought they were saved...
Then the man they thought to be their "saint" then makes them go beg on the streets. He even burns a child's eyes out, saying "blind people bring in double." It's absolutely gut wrenching, but this goes on! All arouond the world their is horrible injustices and instead of thanking God I haven't experienced those things... I should be thanking God I have the means to do something about it.

My challenge this week is for us all to be educated about what is going on....spread the word...and most importantly take action! We are children of God, yet we sit hear, me included thanking God that we have the means, and go about our business making our second trip to the mall that week.

Let's put our wants away and get others what they need...check the link out below...this is the beginning of your education...

http://www.fallingwhistles.com/SOS-82644-FallingWhistles.pdf

Peace, Love, Action,
Brittany

1 comment:

The Euro Crew said...

Great blog Brit. I was extremely moved by the film. If anyone wants a great insight into child slavery in America, find a website where you can watch recent episodes of Law and Order. Last nights (1.7.09) dealt with the issue. Heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time.

Love the blog and love you,
Bo