Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Big Pic



Tonight I was doing a puzzle with one of my bfs Brenner, and we were putting together a Charlie Brown Halloween puzzle that had a gijillion pieces. I think the quote of tonight was “I swear that piece is missing”. On the cover was Linus and Sally, and she said, “This piece is right above Charlie Brown’s head.” My immediate response was almost, "that’s not Charlie Brown, that’s Linus." Not only was I about to prove that I was a Charlie Brown geek, but I was about to be “that person”…oh you know who im talking about, you know you have never thought about hitting someone harder. Like are you kidding me I’m about to jump on the chance to say that’s not Charlie Brown that’s Linus…wow…why do people hang out with me? Luckily I didn’t say anything, and I got to keep Brenner as bf for another day…haha.

You see the big picture of tonight was I got to hang out with my wonderful friend, singing dumb songs together, and making fabulous memories while we got owned by a puzzle.

I think a lot of the time we as Christians miss the big picture. Anyone seen the movie Footloose? The crazy conservative preacher worried about dancing making sinners out of all who shook what their mama gave 'em…they really should of been worried about those too tight acid washed jeans, I mean how are you supposed to "drop it like its hot" in those?

We argue about the “extra” things…the “gray” things… when we don’t even practice this….

28One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"
29"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.[e] 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'[f] 31The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[g]There is no commandment greater than these." (mark 12:28-30)

Thats a pretty clear message to me. But...

Love…that can be a interesting subject. Sometimes we learn what love is from others … by how our friends love us, or how our mother loves us, or our father loves us. But what if you have crummy friends that talk about you when you are in the other room, or a father that abuses you, or a mother that uses you? Your view of love gets skewed and it starts coming with fine print.
Let me reassure you that Christ’s love is absolute perfection, unwavering, everlasting, not circumstantial, unbiased, and unconditional
Unwavering: firm in view or purpose and unable to be swayed or diverted from it
Everlasting: never failing or coming to an end
Unconditional: complete or guaranteed, with no conditions, limitations, or provisos attached

I challenge you this week to get in the word, and learn about how Christ loves, so that you can equip yourself to love others, so you can retrain yourself what love really means, so we can better love our perfect Savior.
Leave your comments… let me know where this or other challenges have taken you, or if you have simply started a petition banning me from blogging…let me know where I need to sign.

Love you guys!

4 comments:

Chanes said...

frankie's girlfriends name is Erin :-)

Chanes said...

you are an incredible writer...i am looking forward to more posts and hearing more about what the Spirit is doing in/through you. You amaze me!

Anonymous said...

"Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith." -Hebrews 13:7

I think I speak for a lot of people when I say thank you for being that leader in my life. I don't know if you realize how much just being honest about what's on your heart touches other people's hearts! You're freakin awesome, Britt. Love and miss you!

Corbett said...

Hey Britt,

Just wanted to let you know I really appreciate this blog of encouragement and truth, its rather refreshing! Also it's a chance for us to know you love us!! I can't wait to see you again, you're amazing. Love ya,and miss ya tons!

Meg